Dear Friends and Whole Heart Partners,
Our hearts still beat with the same passion to serve Christian parents that started Whole Heart Ministries in 1994. We appreciate you taking a few minutes to read about what is on our hearts for 2018 and beyond, and to learn how you can partner with us to help Christian parents raise wholehearted children for Christ.
The Story of Whole Heart Ministries Is Changing … for Good
Whole Heart has grown and been sustained for over twenty years by events. We thank God for the blessings of those scores of gatherings since 1996, but now it’s time for us to pull back so we can push forward in new directions. As we pivot into a new season of ministry without hotel conferences, our story is changing, and it’s all good.
Here’s the one-sentence digest version of what we see ahead: We’re committed to building our online ministries to reach more families, equipping parents with new books and resources, publishing books for children, and helping mothers and parents internationally. For the full-report version, though, there are six key “Initiatives” that will guide us as we move forward into a new season of ministry with Whole Heart:
- SALLYCLARKSON.COM (Christian Living): Anchored by her popular blog that started her online ministry in 2007, Sally’s weekly “At Home with Sally and Friends” podcast has been downloaded over 1.6 million times since it began two years ago. In September, she launched “Life with Sally,” a membership subscription site with monthly courses curated from her twenty years of messages, along with original content by Sally and other trusted women leaders. As a bestselling author of going on twenty books, Sally is a trusted and respected voice of inspiration, hope, and encouragement for Christian women and mothers.
- MOM HEART MINISTRY (Christian Motherhood): Since 2010, Mom Heart Ministry has sought to “restore moms’ hearts to God’s heart for motherhood.” More than 2,600 mothers meeting in local Mom Heart Groups around the world can connect in the Mom Heart Groups Facebook group, and be equipped as group leaders with resources on MomHeart.com. We’ve built a Ministry Team in the states, and are working with leaders in several countries to develop new “Mum Heart” international ministries (MumHeart.com). Sally will raise funds for a strategic ministry trip to train leaders and speak for three Mum Heart Conferences in the UK this spring.
- THE LIFEGIVING FAMILY INITIATIVE (Christian Homes): The release of Clay’s book, with Sally, The Lifegiving Parent in May 2018, will complete a lifegiving trilogy with Sally’s and Sarah’s anchor book The Lifegiving Home, and Sally’s most recent book The Lifegiving Table. These books envision the foundations for creating and sustaining a lifegiving family, where God is alive. They are visionary books about bringing the beauty, community, and life of God into the Christian home.
- STORYFORMED PROJECT (Christian Imagination): Sarah envisioned and created the first Storyformed.com website in 2014 around ideas from her books Read for the Heart and Caught Up in a Story. In 2017 we did a creative makeover of the site, and asked our friends Holly Packiam and Jaime Showmaker to help guide and grow the site by pointing parents to the best soul-shaping books and literature to feed their families’ imaginations and spirits. Their blogs and podcasts are rich and helpful.
- FAMILY FAITH PROJECT (Christian Parenting): This initiative by Clay is about Family Faith Formation—how faith is grown at home. The Lifegiving Parent release will provide the foundation, and a “Parent for the Heart” online course the core, for MyFamilyFaith.com (summer 2018), a new website to bring together all the Whole Heart Ministries messages for 20+ years about biblical parenting. The site will also feature Heartfelt Discipline, Our 24 Family Ways, and other new resources.
- WHOLEHEARTED LEARNING (Christian Home Education): Whole Heart Ministries started beating into life with the publication in 1994 of Clay’s now 384-page home education handbook, Educating the WholeHearted Child. A WholeHeart.org web page will tell the story of WholeHearted Learning, a real books, real life, and discipleship approach to home education for shaping children’s hearts and minds.
Help Us Write a New Story for Whole Heart!
As we envision by faith where God is directing us and Whole Heart, there are two major faith needs we’re trusting Him to provide for now and in the months and years ahead.
FIRST, with no conferences planned for 2018, we’re trusting God to provide new partners who share our heart for this ministry and will help keep it beating through their regular financial support. Ongoing support helps us keep the lights on!
SECOND, we need generous donors to fund the possibilities of this new season of ministry—strategic online ministries, new books and resources, international expansion, and more. Larger, one-time financial gifts help us shine the light where it is needed!
Your gift of any kind in 2017 will help us move into 2018 ready to be a light of help and hope for Christian parents and families. If you’d like to be a partner with us, the link here or below will take you to our online donation page. You can also send a check to the address below (your envelope must be postmarked by December 31 to receive a donation receipt for the 2017 tax year). Your financial contribution to Whole Heart Ministries, a 501(c)(3) federally tax-exempt organization, is tax-deductible.
Thank you for your partnership! Your generous gift will enable us to keep pressing on in Christ to “keep faith in the family.” You are helping us help families! Grace and peace to you and your family.
Wholehearted blessings in Christ,
Clay and Sally Clarkson
Whole Heart Ministries
PO Box 3445 | Monument, CO 80132
888-488-4466 | email@example.com